Lesson 1, Topic 1
Learning Activities and Performance Tasks
- Fill out a Health Intake Form for a sample client and create a massage plan.
- Explain the benefits of massage to someone.
- Describe the five stages of massage in order.
- Discuss energy systems and their relevance to massage therapy.
Assessed Learning Activities at Chapter End
- ACTIVITY ONE: Analyze 10 descriptions and select the body system most directly affected.
- ACTIVITY TWO: Identify the class of massage stroke that fits each description.
- ACTIVITY THREE: Practice massage strokes and write answers to the questons based on your observations.
- CHAPTER QUIZ: Take the quiz for practice, then for a score of 80% or better.
Performance Assessment Tasks for Practicum Readiness
How you will demonstrate readiness for practicum.
- Pass the chapter quiz with a score of 80% or better (required to pass. Test may be re-taken as often as necessary.)
- Complete all activities and reading assignments.
- Submit all activities and tasks as requested.