First Assignment Tasks
The First Assignment is designed to help you learn about navigating this site. Through completing this exercise, you will become familiar with the location of important features such as your mailbox, announcements and lessons, understand how to contact your classmates and instructor and utilize other tools.
Think of this as a scavenger hunt, you will go out into the site to find certain information by following the instructions given below. Then return to this screen to complete a short quiz. You can use the back arrow in the upper left hand corner of your screen to move between this page and the areas you wish to visit. You may be asked to simply view an area or to complete a task while there.
You must complete this exercise to move on to the other lessons. You have three tries to complete the quiz. If you are having difficulty, contact your distance-learning instructor for assistance. Have fun and happy hunting!
1. Locate the name of your Distance-Learning instructor from your school correspondence. Find the Teachers tab in the navigation menu on the left of your screen. Can you find your teacher’s name and send them a Hello message?
2. Locate the icons across the top right of your screen. There are five icons and then you should see your name. Click on each icon to view your mailbox, announcements, calendar, help box and search function.
3. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner to enter your student profile. Can you update your profile information and add a picture to personalize your profile.
4. Find the Welcome tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. Read the Welcome message and note who wrote it.
5. Find the News tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. This is where you can communicate with the other students taking this course. Say hello to your new classmates!
6. Find the Lessons tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. Look to see how many lessons are included in your course.
7. Find the Groups tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. Are there any groups for you to join or that you are already enrolled in?
8. Find the Syllabus tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. Take a moment to read your course syllabus.
9. Find the Resources tab in the navigation menu on the left side of your screen. Download the .pdf file of your Textboook and other illustrations/forms…to your hard drive or a device so that you have a copy to study offline. This will be the only copies you will have access to after completing your course.
Now, you are ready to answer the quiz questions below.
The quiz is not timed, so you can pause it and resume at any time.
If you cancel the quiz, your answers are discarded and they are not counted as a submission.