Lesson 1, Topic 1
About this Chapter
By studying this chapter, you will learn to
- Define anatomical and directional vocabulary.
- Locate the external points of the horse.
- Discuss the skeletal system: functions and parts.
- Recognize joint structures and movements.
- Identify bony landmarks palpable on the horse.
- Summarize ligaments: structure, functions and locations.
- Describe tendons: structure, functions and locations.
- Explain fascia: structure, functions and locations
- List muscles: structure, functions, locations
How This Information Will Improve Your Massage
- The effectiveness and efficiency of your work will be greater.
- The intent and focus of your work will be clearer.
- You will be better able to assess the needs of the horse.
- You will be able to discuss your work more accurately and professionally with owners, veterinarians, potential clients, etc.
This lesson will help you develop your abilities to
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate effectively
- Act professionally, humanely and safely
- Write clearly and concisely